Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Restoring Flight


Yesterday was a normal day at the MMS office until Dwight came through my work area during "break time", and informed me that Mike was feeding a Humming Bird. Curiosity got the better of me and needing a break from stuffing envelopes, I followed Dwight outside to see how this was possible.


There I found some curious mechanics gathered around Mike Dunkley who had a small feeder in one hand and a Humming Bird perched on the other. Now before you think that Mike is the ultimate bird tamer, you need to know that this cute little bird was rescued (almost dead) out of the hangar and was too weak to fly. We watched in fascination as it slowly regained its strength and eventually flew away. At MMS, we are accustomed to restoring airplanes to flight, but I believe this is the first time we have restored a bird to fly!!!!




3 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Way cool.

I am glad you posted pictures.

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

What a neat story! Thanks for sharing. We are so excited to keep updated with your ministry and your lives through the blog. Thank you!!

The Leakey Family said...

Hey Dwight and Rena! I didn't realize you guys had a blog. We just started in June. I will look forward to keeping in touch with you guys through the blog. Take care.