Saturday, September 20, 2008

KZX


Thursday afternoon found us on the road, traveling toward St Louis, MO to the LeTourneau KZX reunion. KZX was the fraternity-like society that Dwight was a member of while attending LeTourneau College in Longview, TX. This reunion is limited to a span from 1963-73 and it has been 40 years since most of these men have seen each other.

We stopped Thursday evening in North Vernon, IN and overnighted with Dwight's brother and sister-in-law, Eric and Sue before arriving in St Louis Friday afternoon. Our first sight of St. Louis included the big arch looming up in the sky - the "Gateway to the West". Wow, we couldn't resist the urge to stop and take a look before continuing on to our hotel in St Charles. We were very impressed and were totally surprised to discover the underground museum, theatre, gift shop etc. underground beneath the arch.

3 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Did you go up?

I did when I was pregnant with the boy.

Wow! That was a long time ago.

Dutchnic said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I went up in the arch too, when I was traveling around with a busload full of exchange students. It was one of our first stops on a trip out West, so very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, chocoaltechic, we did not go up. Time did not permit. Maybe next time.