Saturday, September 27, 2008

What We Do

The other day I walked through the MMS Aviation hangars with my camera. (I'm always looking for things to show you.) I took several snapshots of the work being done on the planes and downloaded them to the computer. Tonight as I looked through them again, it hit me that this one illustrates quite well the work we do.

Ian, an MMS Team Leader, heads up the crew performing a scheduled inspection of Gospel Carrier International's Beechcraft King Air. Ian is in the blue shirt and is listening to David explain what the maintenance manual requires about measuring the brake disk slots in a wheel. David, an apprentice mechanic, clearly understood the procedure so Ian cleared him to measure the wheels and note any discrepancies on the appropriate form.

Gospel Carrier's plane will, barring something unforeseen, be put back into service this next week. David and our other mechanics will gain experience, learn more theory, and increase their maintenance skill. For me, this is pretty close to having your cake and eating it too. I find it exciting.

A number of churches and individuals make it possible for Rena and I to be at MMS Aviation through prayer and financial giving. We are so grateful they partner with us.

No comments: