Last Saturday John, a friend of ours, had a fly-in and hog roast at his private airstrip. John has pipeline patrol contracts for which he uses a small airplane, but much of the aviation at Graham Field is fun flying.
Mark arrived in (or on) his Breezy. It is a home built airplane that only has the bare essentials for flight.
A couple weeks before the fly-in, Mark sent a magneto from another plane he has to MMS Aviation for repair. Mark, a mechanic friend of his and I were discussing the installation of that magneto and I used the Breezy for an easy explanation about the magneto timing.
Rena and I had another event to attend, so I told Mark we had to be going. His response was, "Well, you have time for a ride don't you?" I immediately said, "Sure."

So we strapped ourselves in (or on) the Breezy and went for a ten minute flight over the corn fields, just above the tree tops. It was a gorgeous day, not chilly at all, but it was a really cool ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment