Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fresh Peaches

I really enjoy fresh peaches. They are tasty on my breakfast cereal, delightful as a quick snack, and I've been known to add a little vanilla ice cream to a bowl of them on occasion. The last bunch of peaches Rena brought home from the grocery was maturing a bit too quickly and I couldn't keep up with them. So, it was time to make a pie.
Mom taught me how to make good pie crust, but this time I must credit Mrs. Pillsbury. (She makes them in a big factory and exchanges the pie crusts for some of your hard-earned cash.)


It's ready for the upper crust.


Just out of the oven a few minutes ago, don't know how it tastes yet but I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks VERY inviting! Yum!There were often pies at my house growing up. My Dad and Grandpa really liked pies so my mother got very good at making them. They never lasted long at our house.