Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's too late to back out now . . .

No pictures this time, but I'm sitting in a hospital room watching Rena sleep.  We got up at 4:00 this morning and drove about 36 miles to Zanesville (Ohio) to Good Samaritan Hospital where she underwent surgery this morning.  I'm not too knowledgeable in medical language, but she had a colon resection something-or-other. 

The surgeon was pleased with the result of his work and expects a normal recovery.  Rena will be in the hospital at least into early next week and I'll be spending my days with her.  In addition to the pain, she's kind of dopey and has a bitter taste in her mouth; but, if it was fun, everybody would want to spend New Years in the hospital.

We're grateful for the many, many people encouraging us and assuring us of their prayers.  Most of all, we're grateful for our Heavenly Father's care.  We trust Him fully with all the events of today and the days that follow.

No comments: