Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another Week in the Books





Yesterday we wrapped up another work week at MMS Aviation. Throughout the week I'd trained two apprentice mechanics to weld with the oxy-acetylene equipment. Gertjan (on the left in the picture) and Paul were both quick to understand oxy-acetylene welding principles and are doing well.






All mechanics who come to MMS for training go through a basic skills course of which welding is a part.

Yesterday I also intended to revise some pages of the Standard Operating Procedures Manual. The manual is in my documents on the desktop computer in my office. While Gertjan and Paul were practicing welding, I intended work on the revision but the computer wouldn't cooperate. By noon Dave (our facility maintenance manager and resident computer guru) determined the desktop wasn't healthy enough to put more time into, so we transferred stuff to the laptop MMS has for my use.

Overall, it was a good week. However, it's amazing how dependent on computers we have become to get our work done. We'll address the dying desktop again Monday. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Computers are like cars aren't they? They are great when they work! Praise the Lord for Dave!